AUDITIONS season is upon us! Throughout the next few weeks, we’re accepting audition videos for The Hyannis Sound 2017. If you don’t know, Hyannis Sound is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for college aged guys to gain real experience in leadership, music, and close community through the lens of a cappella. Here’s how to audition:
Please submit a brief 5-minute video to us (details below) by February 10, 2017. This video is merely a preliminary audition. If we think it would be beneficial for you to make the trip to Boston for the other portions of the audition process, we will let you know as soon as possible so you can plan the fun-filled weekend in advance.
Hyannis Sound Video Submission Guidelines
Try to keep the video around 5 minutes
- Intro: Tell us briefly about yourself
- Warm up and down starting on any major scale (syllable suggestion "ah" or "mah"). This will help us determine your range and voice part.
- Solo piece: Pick a song that you feel comfortable singing and feel best shows off your voice and/or you as person and performer.
- Record indoors in a quiet, controlled environment
- Make sure to test your camera's microphone level before recording. Listen back before sending it in.
- Have fun!
How to submit:
- After you have finished taping yourself, please upload your audition to YouTube. (Here's a YouTube support link on how to upload a video: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/57924?hl=en). Once you have loaded the video, please set the privacy to Unlisted so that only those with whom the link has been shared may view the videos.
- When the upload is complete, please send the link to email@example.com
- We will reply to your e-mail to confirm your submission.
Questions? E-mail Jared Graveley at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks guys, we're looking forward to hearing you!