We are thrilled to be receiving audition videos for Hyannis Sound Sumer 2014! We can't tell you enough how excited this gets us for the upcoming summer season. We wanted offer a friendly reminder that the deadline to submit a video is approaching in a couple of days (Monday Feb. 17th, 5PM). If you have any questions, take a look at our audition guidelines below or email our Music Director, Noah Michael Berg.
Shoot a one-take video of yourself, featuring the following:
1. A brief introduction telling us who you are, where you're from, and what you do.
ex: Hi, I'm Liam Hocken. I'm 20 years old and from Lincoln, Nebraska. I'm currently a Sophomore Mechanical Engineering major at Penn State University where I sing Baritone with the Tempo Tantrums...[You are encouraged to share anything interesting about yourself as well...talents, achievements, etc.)
2. A brief range check: warm up on ah "Ah" vowel, do something from your choir/group, or whatever works best for you. Go up and down to give us a feel of what your range is and what your tone sounds like.
3. A verse and a chorus of a song that you feel best shows off your talents with no accompaniment! Getting a starting pitch is fine, but we want to hear how you sound on your own!
4. Keep video at 5 minutes please, and upload to YouTube with video set to UNLISTED (This is very important. We will not consider videos that are public)
5. Send the link for the private video over to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: "YOUR NAME, Audition Video," and please include in the body where you go to school, what year you are, what group (if any) you belong to, and any additional experience you think would be a bonus to your audition.
A couple of things that this video IS NOT:
1. THIS IS NOT: Your complete audition.
We will be calling back auditionees to come in for a weekend of auditions, date TBA, in Boston. We value seeing you in person! We will do our best to notify you as soon as possible about the callbacks so that you can get your travel plans in order.
2. THIS IS NOT: A studio-quality recording/song, or recording from a previous concert or performance
The video quality doesn't have to be amazing, we just ask that it's good enough to hear your voice. And please, no different takes. We want one take all the way through.
3. THIS IS NOT: Scary.
We want to see as many auditions as possible. That's why we're adding this video component, so relax and have fun!
- You must be auditioning between your senior year of high school and your senior year of college
- You have to be available to live on Cape Cod with the group between (roughly) May 20th to August 25th
- You must make the commitment to the group for at least two summers
As long as this works for you, we'd love for you to try out!
We're looking forward to hearing you!
For more dates, information, and insight, check us out on Facebook and Twitter.